North Tucson Residents Trust Platinum Air Heating & Cooling.
Platinum Air Heating & Cooling is your dependable local team of trustworthy AC repair services in Northern Tucson. Our AC technicians are exceptionally trained in AC repair, and they are certified to work on any air conditioning brand. When the weather heats up, you must know your air conditioning unit is correctly sized, and it would help if you verified that it works. People have trusted our Tucson AC repair technicians for years and relied on our staff to keep them running at optimal performance levels.
Our Tucson air conditioning repair technician starts by gathering information from you. They take into account what you’ve been noticing at its performance level.
Tucson residents can rest assured that our experienced technicians will diagnose the problem. They will tell you what needs to be replaced as part of your AC repair. Our Tucson technician’s diagnostic process entails many inspections. We test your unit for the following:
- Test electrical systems.
- Test run the air conditioner.
- Check the refrigerant pressure.
- Check the air filter.
- Check for mechanical errors.
- Ensure the condenser and evaporator coils are clear of dirt or debris.
- Check the communication between the thermostat and the unit.
- Check ductwork for air leaks.
- AC Repair.
AC Not Blowing Cold Air? Call Our Experts!
There are many AC repairs that we face every day. One that is very frustrating is when your AC is running constantly. It is very prevalent for residential ACs to run more during hot weather, but they should turn off based on your thermostat’s settings. This repair will help reduce your electric bill and minimize wear and tear on your AC system.
The opposite problem is when your AC will not turn on. In the Arizona summer, we do our best to respond to this issue within hours. This problem can be caused by anything from a malfunctioning thermostat, to a failing HVAC system, to loose wires.
Sometimes the AC will run, but no cold air is flowing. When we get lucky, the only issue here is that the breaker tripped and is easy to fix. Other issues are a broken wire, the blower belt being worn out, or you have low refrigerant. Sometimes you can get hot air blowing out. Most folks think this is the last thing in the world they need when they are already sweating in the heat. There can be many causes of this issue, including a dirty air filter, a clogged compressor, refrigerant leaks, or obstructed ducts.
You may find that you have a refrigerant leak or a water leak. These leaks can be caused by the natural time degradation of AC pipes and connectors. Other causes are failed condensation pumps and blocked drainage.
Don’t Lose Your Cool? Get a Yearly Full AC Tune-Up for only $79!
Yearly AC tune-ups are essential in the Tucson area. Living in our climate is very hard on all the moving parts of your AC system. Skipping this crucial yearly service will shorten the life of one of the most expensive systems in your home.
During a Platinum AC tune-up, we evaluate air conditioner system performance in all modes of operation to evaluate if it needs repairs or adjustments. Next, we perform several cleaning and inspection tasks. Specifically, our SPECIAL $79 AC TUNE-UPS include:
- Evaluate the Efficiency of Equipment
- Inspect for Proper Airflow
- Inspect System Disconnect Box
- Inspect and Test High Voltage Fuses
- Inspect and Test Main Contactor Switch
- Inspect the Start Kit, Relays, & Transformers
- Inspect and Test Run Capacitors UF
- Inspect and Check Compressor Operations
- Inspect and Check A/C Refrigerant Levels/Pressures
- Inspect Oil and Test Condenser Motor
- Inspect the Condenser Coil
- Inspect Oil and Test Indoor Blower Motor
- Inspect Evaporative Coil (when applicable)
- Inspect, Check, and Blow Out Condensation Drain
- Inspect Plenum for Air Leaks
- Inspect Heat Exchangers and Burners
- Check Insulation Tubes/Panels
- Inspect and Test Safety Controls
- Perform Carbon Monoxide Test
- Inspect and Check Air Filter